Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Tips for Male Grooming


I had the pleasure of working with Tomi Popovic on last year doing male grooming for his album cover that is over in Japan now! Tomi's sound is a little bit of R&B/Soul/Funk. His single "Party with You" is the number one ringtone in Japan.



With Tomi, I started with a clean face and then moisturized his skin. I then used the airbrushing technique and lightly airbrushed his skin just to even it out. I applied a little lip balm and there you have it!


Here are some tips on male grooming:

Code yellow: Moisturize the skin

Code purple: Lightly apply a liquid or airbrush makeup to the skin. Remember males should still look like males, the makeup should be close to non-detectable.

Code orange: Use a lip balm to condition the lips without adding kolor. Burt Bees with Pomegranate Oil is my fav right now.

Code red: Lightly powder only in areas more prone to shine like the t-zone (forehead, cheeks, chin) and top of head if the client is bald. My fav powder is Makeup Forever HD powder. It take away shine without looking cakey and can be used on all skin tones.

No comments:

Post a Comment