Thursday, October 15, 2009

(Kode Red) Career Inspirations: Aspire to Go Higher


We often times get complacent in our careers. We feel like we are doing as well as can be expected based on the economy, family or any other elements of life, but who determines what is to be expected? Complacency is for those who are planning on failing. Life will bring about some unexpected elements, that is just life, but you cannot allow those things to throw you off track of your mark. Some things may slow you up, but don’t let it stop you.


I am reminded of when I was a participant in, “Hustle of the Hancock” a few years ago. I ran up 42 flights of steps. They called my name, unexpectedly at that moment, and I took off running, by the time I got up a couple of flights, I was out of breath, then I realized, that I had to slow it down, not stop.



We can use this example in our careers. Look at where you were when you started, where you are now, and where you want to be. When I started running, I knew that I wanted to be at the top of the 42nd floor and that is exactly where I ended up. The anticipation of getting there, made me work harder to finish. Even though in the process, I got weary, I didn’t stop, I may have slowed up, but I didn’t stop.



In pursuing your career, your passion, there will be times that you will get weary, maybe feel like quitting, feel like you are not progressing, but don’t give up, tell yourself, “I am aspiring to go higher”, make this your daily affirmation.



Stay Blessed and Focused!

Kelli Kolors



KOLOR CODE TIP:

If you want to take your lashes to a new height, try CoverGirl LashBlast Mascara. This mascara will make even the shortest and thinnest lashes look bigger and longer and take your lashes to heights unseen. You can purchase this mascara at: Walmart, Walgreens, Ulta and CVS Pharmacy.

Application: Apply one coat to one eye and then move to the next eye and apply one coat and repeat the process. I would suggest no more than 2 coats of mascara per eye. Your lashes will have more volume and length.








1 comment:

  1. Kelli your post reminds me of one of my favorite scriptures, Isaiah 40:31 that tells us to run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. It's important to stay the course and never give up!

    I personally love "in your face" lashes so 3-4 swipes do me fine:-)

    Kim Schaffer of Busze' Makeup Artistry

    ReplyDelete